19 August 2016
Therapeutic Methods of Speech Therapy
The patient shall first be assessed using qualitative and quantitative assessments.
The qualitative assessments shall be done using Shipley and Mcafee as a guide for documentation, and through the qualified observation of the child by the therapists.
The quantitative assessments shall be done using standardized language tests that are currently available at our center such as:
- PEDI (pediatric evaluation of disability inventory)
- TOLD ( test of language development primary and secondary)
- Fluharty 2 (language and speech screening for preschool children)
- Stuttering prediction instrument
- Stuttering Severity instrument
- Functional Assessment of communication.